Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I'm a Skechers Ambassador

As of today I am representing Skechers Performance as a brand ambassador!!!

What makes this even more exciting is that my running buddy Eric was also selected for the program, here we are admiring the "S":

We were told the selection process was exclusive, it is the start of their ambassador program and out of 25 applicants only 5 were selected! Eric and I are both part of the IERC running club with over 550 members that train for various races at a time, making us vocal in the running community. On top of that both of as are true fans of Skechers running shoes, therefore we have brand loyalty.

Skechers has been around for a very very long time, yet they are pioneers in the running/ athletic niche, and here is where Skechers Performance brand has made a huge push in the last 5 years or so. First they picked up Meb Keflexighi, long time marathoner, when all other companies thought he was done. Well, Meb showed them winning the Boston Marathon in 2014, becoming the first American to win the Boston Marathon since 1983!


Two weeks after Meb's incredible breakthrough, Skechers signs Kara Goucher, another great marathoner (and actually my favorite runner since her track days). These two elites have really put Skechers in the running headlines. What's more Skechers is the sponsor of this years LA Marathon, happening in just a little over a week!

I fell in love with Skechers almost 3 years ago. Like I talked about in my first post, I've dealt with plantar fasciitis for over a decade. I hated shoes!!! I could never find a pair that my feet were truly happy with even with my custom orthodics (of which I also tried various models). Way back when I used to love the Nike Pegasus 2000, well of course they stopped making those and ever since I bounced around from brand to shoe to brand to shoe looking for something that I would like for longer than a couple weeks. I wore the Brooks Adrenaline for a year or so and was okay in them, but not happy. I wore the Mizuno Waverider for a few months and was also okay, but not happy. I wore Newtons Distance S for a few months and was okay, but really not happy. These 3 models would have to be the 3 that I was most "okay" with out of the dozens I tried, other shoes I would like for 2 weeks and then felt like tearing them off my feet and tossing them during runs. I then decided to give Skechers GOrun Ultra a try and it was love at first fit, and still loving them now! The Ultra (now on the Ultra 2 model) have a 7mm drop from heel to toe giving somewhat the feel of Newtons in that they are designed for more forefoot running, but with a lot more cushion than the Newtons, which is exactly what I needed!

Needless to say I am such a Skechers fan!!! and now I get the opportunity to promote them! Today I got treated like an elite, with a Skechers gear shopping spree at their Manhattan store. New gear, new shoes to start advertising, how cool is that! Check out this cute and sporty reversible bomber jacket!

 If you're reading this and interested in trying out Skechers shoes and/or gear, contact me for 20% off.





No comments:

Post a Comment